Thanks to all who responded to my request for ideas for books with girl
bullies.  I failed to mention that we are an elementary school, so this list
has books on all levels.  What a fantastic community this is!

*The Thing About Georgie* by Lisa Graff.  it has a character that bullies
Georgie throughout the book, but ends up being his friend at the end.

 I believe *Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree* has a sort of bullyish
kind of girl who manipulates other girls.

Picture book - *The Recess Queen* by Alexis O'Neill

Recess Queen / Alexis O'Neill  ISBN 0439206375  2002 (Scholastic)

Try *The Recess Queen*, by Alexis O'Neill.  The kids love it and it gets the
point across without being preachy.  Also *Hooway for Wodney Wat,* by Helen
Lester.

*Al Capone Does My Shirts* features a bully in the form of the warden's
cherubic blonde haired daughter (shades of Bad Seed!)

*The Girls* by Amy Koss [tho probably more middle school]

*The Hundred Dresses*. A group of girls bully another less fortunate girl. A
real tearjerker.

*Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great*

Good, ol' BLUBBER, by Judy Blume ?

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson, Donna Diamond ( Illustrator)

Berenstain Bears And The Bully by Jan Berenstain, Stan Berenstain (I know
this one is al ittle young, but it's a good book)

The Friends by Rosa Guy

Grace's Twist (Camp Confidential Series #3) by Melissa J. Morgan

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) by Rick
Riordan (I know it sounds weird, tu this book does have a girl bully)

There's also a Simspon's episode called Bye Bye Nerdie featring a girl bulyl
and a television show called "As Told by Ginger features one as well. Good
luck

Take a look at *Neil Armstrong Is My Uncle and Other Lies Muscle Man McGinty
Told Me* by Nan Marino.

Look at *Bootsie Barker Ballerina*  and  *Bootsie Barker Bites*  both by
Barbara Bottner.  Also some of the Arthur the Aardvark series shows Francine
in a less than lovely light!

Sharon G. Flake's The Bronke Bike Boy & the Queen of 33rd Street might work.
It's even from the (girl) bully's point of view

Chrissa and Chrissa Stands Strong by Mary Casanova

A great book is Odd Girl Out: The Hidden culture of Aggression in Girls, by
Rachel Simmons. (high school)

My Secret Bully, by Trudy Ludwig

You should add Drowning Anna by Sue Mayfield to the list.

--
Cheryl Wolf, Librarian
William McKinley Library

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu