Welcome to this week’s update on
BTFA<https://www.4shared.com/u/vgpvszst/15eb7f4e/Book_Trailers_for_All.html?sId=gCPrsN2sW1nDqflN>
.  (May 3, 2010)  We have been in existence for nine weeks.  There have been
9,902 trailer downloads from the site, and we have 98 trailers in all.  The
group on Teacher Tube now has 1,426 members.  If this is the first time you
are hearing about these book trailer sharing avenues, please view the Documents
folder <https://www.4shared.com/dir/32063608/ec5a895/Documents.html> at
BTFA.

The trailer
details<https://www.4shared.com/document/5D1tgwQD/Trailer_Details_Updated_May_3r.html>spreadsheet
has been updated to reflect details for all books that have
trailers on our site.

There has been a trailer
creators<https://www.4shared.com/document/HKWq3K5j/Trailer_Creators.html>document
added that lists the name, locations, emails and blogs/websites of
trailer creators.  (With the exception of student creators)

*Tip of the Week:*  Load all of the trailers into iTunes on a library
computer and put the Trailer Details spreadsheet next to it.  This way,
students can browse the spreadsheet to read summaries of books, and then
pull up only the trailer they want to view, rather than having to wait for
it on the loop. (With almost a hundred trailers, that’s a LONG loop!)

*We have added nine new trailers to the site this week.   They are:*

The Other Side of the
Island<https://www.4shared.com/video/uRyexs7H/Other_Side_of_the_Island_x264.html>by
Alegra Goodman.
It was created by Sarah Loch, from Midwest City, Oklahoma.  (Middle Grade+
Interest Level)

Candor <https://www.4shared.com/video/W8aSSofN/candor.html>, by Pam Bachorz.
It was created by Pamela Thompson, of El Paso, Texas (Upper Grade Interest
Level)

In the Forest of Hands and
Teeth<https://www.4shared.com/video/M_YY2VM5/in_the_forest_of_hands_and_tee.html>,
by Carrie Ryan.  It was created by Karrie Dillon, of Beaumont, Texas (Upper
Grade Interest Level)

Pale Male, Citizen of New
York<https://www.4shared.com/video/3zZ8UlP3/pale_male.html>,
by Janet Schulman.  It was created by Lisa Waggett, of Leauge City, Texas
(Lower Grade Interest Level)

Yum Mmmm Que Rico <https://www.4shared.com/video/b-rEQhH2/yumyum.html>, by
Pat Mora.  It was created by Lisa Waggett, of League City, Texas (Lower
Grade Interest Level)

Someone Named Eva<https://www.4shared.com/video/Ivk9QOOg/someone_named_eva2.html>,
by Joan M. Wolfe.  It was created by 5th grade students: Annie, Megan and
Olivia, of League City, Texas (Middle Grade Interest Level)  *A note about
this one:  It is our second trailer for this book.  The first one, by
Analine Johnson is also amazing—I love it, because the vibe of each trailer
is very different—but each trailer makes me want to read the book.  I think
it’s an excellent way to show how individually people reacts to what they
read.*

The Roar <https://www.4shared.com/video/xQHALdE1/roar.html>, by Emma
Clayton.  It was created by Lori Loranger of Round Rock, Texas.  (It was
created using the software for her Logitech webcam and it pretty cool!)

Walter the Farting Dog:
<https://www.4shared.com/video/4HIyIHTu/walter_beach.html> Banned from the
Beach, by William Kotzwinkle.  It was created by Lisa Waggett of League
City, Texas (Lower Grade)

Trouble <https://www.4shared.com/video/-bAb1QxP/Trouble.html>, by Gary D.
Schmidt.  It was created by Sarah Loch of Midwest City, Oklahoma (MG+)**

*The top three downloads for the last week were:*

* *

*All the Lovely Bad Ones*, by Mary Hahan Downing,  created by Analine
Johnson of Laredo, Texas, with 85 downloads

*Martina the Beautiful Cockroach*, by Carmen Agra Deedy, created by Lisa
Waggett, of League City, Texas, with 37 downloads

*Dope Sick*, by Walter Dean Myers, created by Naomi Bates of Justin, Texas,
with 26 downloads

Remember, if you are on FB, feel free to go and become a fan of the page.  Each
time a new trailer is uploaded, it will be posted to the BTFA wall on FB.  The
URL for that is:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Book-Trailers-for-All/334149457794?ref=sgm

There is also an update added to Twitter each time a new trailer is
uploaded. Feel free to follow me to get those updates:
http://twitter.com/texasbookbabe

--
Teresa Schauer
District Librarian/Pettus ISD