I am the person that have forwarded requests for Battle of the Book questions to
the gentleman who has a business selling the questions. Many of us/you are trying
to run a BOB and have found that trying to create your own database of titles is a
bit daunting. This is an alternative.

Yes, he does sell questions that can be used for BOB.  He and his wife added to the
150 titles that I gave them (that I wrote for the BOBs that I ran), and currently
have over 300 titles in their database.  They sells them for $1/title.  That is for
a bank of questions of 20-50 per title, plus a worksheet that can be filled out as
the student reads the book.

They are both retired teachers who are current on the type of questions that are in
demand by other teachers/librarians.  They have reviewed the "large" BOB companies
for the style of questions.  They have also been known to totally REWRITE the
questions if they need to be in a certain format (ie: In what book... changed to In
the book....) When I started creating worksheets to go with my questions, they then
went back and added them for each title.

They also have taken requests to write questions/worksheet for titles that are not
in their database.  This entails reading the book with an eye for plot details,
author's purpose, characterization, etc.  Which as you all know means many hours of
reading and editing the questions.  (This year is the first year they are not
taking requests, since they have other volunteer commitments.)

Yes, they do ask if you have any questions that you are willing to share.  Notice
the "willing to share". He is upfront about the purpose of asking.  (Which has not
been the
case of some who have received questions from me in the past.) Many of us share
freely (I have freely shared the 150 title questions that I wrote) with others.

So, if you are interested, please email me and I will put you in touch with them.
I just forward the request for questions.  I am NOT involved after that.

JaKay Greer
Tangent Elementary
Tangent, Oregon
Currently: re-assigned librarian working in the 3rd grade (and loving my kiddos)
irismedia@msn.com

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu