Good morning,
I am a new LMS in an urban MS. I just completed a major weeding and there is now a
big dent in my biography section. Previous LMS's have purchased newer biographies
especially of entertainers and sports celebs but I really need to update my classic
biographies. I made a list as I weeded of what I thought needed to be replaced but
there is no way I can replace them all at this time.
My question to you: what classic biographies are a must have for a middle school
library? As far as I can tell, other than Black History Month there is not a great
call for them in the current curriculum but that is changing on a regular basis.
For instance, do I really need all 44 Presidents?
We are an urban school with a large ESL multicultural population as well as low
readers.
I looked in the archives but mostly found a push for popular biographies.
Of course I will post a hit if there is an interest.

Thank you in advance for your help!!
Jill Schaal

Jill Schaal, LMS
Donovan Middle School