Considering some fairly drastic changes, I'd love to hear from anyone
who has:

1.       Seriously weeded nonfiction & reference with an eye to what is
available on the Internet.

2.       Given up floor space, shelf space, table space to put in a
computer lab.

3.       Other things I haven't thought of to be seen as adjusting the
library for the 21st century.

Looks like we are being given a reprieve. In the last 2 months, our
district TL's were first eliminated, then brought back to 50%, now with
furlough days pending approval, probably restored to full time for at
least next year. Looking for what we can do to be seen as relevant, even
indispensable.  I know it's more activities and services than furniture,
but furniture is noticeable & might get their attention.

Kathy Bowman

Teacher Librarian

Poly High School

Riverside, CA

kbowman@rusd.k12.ca.us <mailto:kbowman@rusd.k12.ca.us>

"The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity
of books." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

<http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mspmag.com/images/raisin
greaders/raisingreaderssep06/asset_upload_file947_34326.jpg&imgrefurl=ht
tp://www.mspmag.com/education/raisingreaders/raisingreaderssep06/34326.a
sp&usg=__CgwPEfU_dBgeV66xRXbbuh1Lxmw=&h=196&w=298&sz=20&hl=en&start=15&s
ig2=xct4vs1C8V3pjEt1wqV7_g&itbs=1&tbnid=p2NAIQGjUmq1iM:&tbnh=76&tbnw=116
&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dteens%2Breading%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN%2
6gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=2c3yS6jKKI_UtgOy7JT6Cw>

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu