How can I find out if an item is in the Public Domain? A theater teacher wants to
be sure that the play Trifles by Susan Glaspell is actually in the Public Domain.
He wants the information from the Library of Congress. I can't see anywhere on
their site to find that out. I looked at the record and nowhere does it say "In the
Public Domain". Can anyone help? TIA

Marcia Jensen
Teacher-Librarian
Davenport West High School
jensenm@davenportschools.org<mailto:jensenm@davenportschools.org>

We need [librarians] to be guides in this increasingly complex world of information
and we need them to convey skills that most kids actually aren't getting at early
ages in their education. I think librairans need to get in front of this mob and
call it a parade, to actually help shape it."
John G. Palfrey, Harvard Law School

"Librarians need to teach students not only how to search, but 'how to think
critically about what they have found...what they are missing...and how to judge
their sources."
Mary Lee Kennedy, Harvard Business School

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu