I stick with Sears subject headings when cataloging any book, but if Sears hasn't
caught up with publishing trends, (or I can't afford the latest edition ;-)) I use
the "resource lists" feature of Follett's Destiny.
These lists are handy for teachers' projects, but also for local needs. My school's
mascot is the dragon, so I  have a list for dragon books. Also, because dystopian
and post-apocalyptic fiction has been a favorite of my personal reading, there's a
list for that.
BTW, another term that has been bandied about lately for this genre is "speculative
fiction." While I appreciate the nuance, my belief is that all fiction is
speculative.

Slightly OT, I've been pondering the science fiction of Asimov and Bradbury, vs.
the s/f of today.
Old school s/f reflected the wonders of the "Better Living Though Chemistry" age,
post WWII; with big-eyed monsters, true, but with a unified earth at peace, and
fabulous inventions for the betterment of mankind. Or at least for the betterment
of the burgeoning middle class.
There are very few examples of this genre being published right now. And those that
are reek of nostalgia, and seem a little forced.

The s/f of today is dystopian, in large part because it reflects the prevailing
mood of the culture. And frankly, I don't see a lot of hope for the future of
mankind in it * in an art reflects life kind of way.

IMO.

Sadie Longood, Librarian
Dallas (Oregon) High School
http://www.dallas.k12.or.us/dhs_library/web