I have been using Follett Circ Plus for library checkout for 20 years, and just
figured out something!  Please forgive me if this is obvious to all other
users...just want to share!

I am a prk-12 school in 3 buildings.  End of year means CLEARING locker numbers
assigned this year so that space is blank for next year.  I always just manually
changed them in fall, but it was a mess if I didn't complete or accidentally left
an old one in.

to clear:
  Patron Maintenance, <edit> , <global update>
   whose <patron type> is <student>
  change <locker number> to <blank>

I created the field <locker number> but this works for ANY field!!! so cool!!!!  I
use the locker numbers to tape up overdue or hold notices.

Also, I need to change my 4th graders from elementary to  Jr. High and 8th graders
from Jr. high to Sr. High.  I use these to print group Overdue lists for posting in
those buildings.
so....  Patron Maintenance, <edit>, <global update>
             whose <Gradyear> is <2014>           (eighth graders)
            change <Elem.,Jr., Sr. High>  To  <Sr. High>
repeat for 4th graders and I'm Ready for September!!!
You can also clear the homeroom field so that it is ready to be updated in fall.

Ok, my air conditioning is failing so I'm heading home...just thought this might
help someone else.

B. Waters
Illinois Schools
billlibrary@yahoo.com