Hi everybody!!

Hope your school year has started off  with a bang.  It has been run, run, run
here.  I have only been here in the Media Center for a couple of years.  I
inherited a large collection of VHS tapes that were never cataloged.  I know
that this medium will pass away all to quickly.  However, we own a lot of good
stuff that is still usable if the teacher is willing to go into the A/V room and
manually search for what they need.  I think these items would be used so much
more if they could be cataloged.  I am sure I could do this, IF I HAD ANY FREE
TIME!  Being that I am already run ragged, I don't forsee myself having time for
that.  I need a vendor that I can type in the title of the video and then
download the marc record to my circ system.  I have already talked with 3 parent
volunteers that are willing to work with me for a while this year to get all of
these into our system.  Can anybody out there recommend a vendor that can make
this super easy for me and my volunteers?

Neither my school, nor my district has ever paid public performance rights on
these videos.  I just can't stand up and tell students to follow copyright laws
and knowingly let my staff show videos without the proper people getting their
"cut of the cake."  Can anybody also recommend a vendor that I can contract with
to make sure that at least my school is doing the right thing?

Thanks in advance for your help and expertise.  I don't know how I would make it
without this list.  It's like having a panel of experts to go to for help -
without having to pay the consultation fees!!!  I cannot tell all of you who
contribute how much appreciate your willingness to share.

Trina Tucker Paynter
Media Coordinator
Vaughan Elementary School
Warren County Schools