Mostly favorable, but good point from Nancy--thanks to all!

Truthfully I thought his book was not good at all.
He came for free (my principal set it up) and I was not impressed.
His books are self published, like Hank the Cowdog started out.
IMHO choose an author who has been published by a major company!
Nancy Krebbs, Librarian
Bean Elementary
I am an elementary librarian (Pre-K - 5th grade) in Whitehouse, Texas. Rooster
Morris visited our school last year and his visit was wonderful! First - fifth
grade attended the programs, and he did a special writing workshop with our fourth
graders in the afternoon. The teachers were pleased and the kids still ask for his
books. Even our special education students were mesmerized by his music and the
character voices he does so well.

We hosted Rooster Morris at our school during the 2009-10 year.   He was a big hit
with the students and teachers alike!   Mr. Morris arrived as scheduled, brought
all his own musical equipment and sound system, and was a delightful presenter.  He
included the students in his presentation on the stage, which they loved.

In the weeks leading up to his visit we read aloud the beginning chapters of Axle
Galench.  I used my presentation cart to show the website on the screen, and we
listened to some of the songs.

We are a PK - 6th grade campus with 600 students, Title 1, and we definitely
recommend Rooster Morris as a presenter.

I understand that you are requesting feedback for school visits with Rooster
Morris. Let me add my name to the list of librarians who sing his praise. I have
had Rooster visit on several occations with my elementary and intermediate
students. He engages the students, holds their attention, and they are still
talking about him and singing his songs months after his visit. My teachers want
him back, always. His connection with the kids when he is doing his writing
workshop is amazing to watch. Those kids are so proud of what they have written
under his guidance. I highly recommend this quiet, humble guy (used-to-be
cowboy)----yep, the one who plays that fiddle, sings those silly songs, and uses
all those crazy voices for the characters in his books! If you would like to visit
with me in person, please call----979

Rooster is absolutely one of the most entertaining and enthusiastic and exciting
authors that you could ever invite to your school.  He gives well over 100% of his
time and energy to your students.  We had an author come last year and paid a lot
more for that one and got 10% of the attention that Rooster gives.  His performance
is captivating and all of my students loved it and can't wait for him to be back
with us this October.  I cannot say enough about how inspirational and fun his
performances are.

I am a K-6 librarian at a campus of about 600 students. I had Rooster Morris on
campus during the early part of the spring semester 2010. Rooster does an
outstanding job of engaging the students as he tells his personal story and then
reads from one of his books. The voices of his characters amaze the students and
keep them listening and laughing. He is also great to sign the books as long as the
kids are there. His goal is to get children reading and they do read his books.
When the library opened this week, all of his books (10 or 12 of them) were off the
shelf by Tuesday and I now I have students putting them on hold.

Rooster also did a writing session for 3rd and 4th grade. It was good but if I had
to do it over, I would have him come on a second day and have him do a session for
3rd and one for 4th. The teachers liked the session, but it was too crowded.

I was concerned that the program would be too young for the 5th and 6th graders,
but they loved him too and were the first to check out the books! The only other
problem I've had is that the books, especially the paperbacks, are coming apart
from all the use, but that is a good thing I suppose. I say he is worth the money!

Cindy Jett, Librarian
Edison Elementary School
2101 N. Vermilion St.
Danville, IL  61832
217-444-3352
cjett@danville.k12.il.us

"What a school thinks about its library is a measure of what it thinks about
education."  Harold Howe, former U.S. Commissioner of Education

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu