A couple of weeks ago, I asked for your favorite books to read aloud to
middle schoolers.  Here are the responses that I received.  Thanks to all!

Cheri Grimmitt
Deshler Middle School
Tuscumbia, AL

I read Unwind by Neal Shusterman to many of my middle school students last
year.  They absolutely loved it.  The story pulled them in and they really
related to it.

Percy Jackson series

Alex Rider series

Vladimir Todd series

Twilight series

Shiver and Linger

Coffeehouse Angel and The Teashop Girls

Wimpy Kid series

Mary Downing Hahn ghost stories books--Closed for the Season is the latest

Suzanne Collins Hunger Games, etc.

I like "Rules", by Cynthia Lord

Our state has a Battle of the Books list which always has many of my
favorite books. Here is the link to the site:
http://www.ncslma.org/BookCompetitions/BoBstate/bobbooklist2010-2011.htm

sPACE Station Seventh Grade, though there are a *couple* of scenes that I
have decided I didn't want to read aloud with certain classes that didn't
have the maturity to keep from laughing hysterically for too long.

Our 6th graders love having their LA teachers read Among the Hidden to them.
It's short and extremely suspenseful.  We can't keep the rest of the series
on the shelf after that.

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu