*Scholarship Money available!*

 *Apply now for the Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship, awarded by the
Rocky Mountain Chapter, SLA*

* *

*Deadline is October 4, 2010!*

It’s simple. YOU could be the winner of the 2010 Rebecca Jackson Memorial
Scholarship! Each year, the Rocky Mountain Chapter of SLA awards a
scholarship to a library school student currently enrolled in a graduate
degree program in Library/Information Science. Eligible candidates are
required to be living in the Chapter region (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, or
South Dakota) and/or be enrolled in a graduate library school program in the
Chapter region or abroad (distance program.)

The amount awarded depends on the funds raised through donations and our
scholarship fundraising event held each year. This year’s event “*3rd Annual
* *RMSLA Day at the Ballpark”* promises a nostalgic day with a great
American pastime To find out more about the even or order tickets, go to the
RMSLA website at: http://units.sla.org/chapter/crmt/index.asp

 You may also make a contribution at any time to the scholarship fund by
contacting the RMSLA Treasurer, Laura Cullerton at
lcullerton@plattcolorado.edu

Scholarship applications must be postmarked, emailed, or faxed by midnight
on *October 4, 2010*. A PDF application can be found on the RMSLA website at
http://units.sla.org/chapter/crmt/index.asp

The following pages contain the application instructions, award criteria,
and the application form. Find out how to apply below!

Good Luck!

Michelle Rainbolt 303-795-7151 or mrainbolt@gmail.com

*Application guidelines and process:*

Applicants must be residents (and living) in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming or
South Dakota.**

* *

Applicants must be currently enrolled in an initial graduate degree program
in library and information science, whether in the Chapter region or via a
distance graduate program. (The scholarship is not awarded to PhD candidates
or for continuing education/certificate programs.)**

* *

Part-time and/or online students are eligible as well as full-time students.
**

Applicants must be SLA members. If the person is not an SLA member upon
application, they should be by award time. Belonging to a related special
libraries organization such as CCML or CoALL is a plus.**

* *

Eligible candidates need to have completed classes so that they have an
academic track record and a school reference.  If they are accepted to a
program, but have not completed any coursework prior to the application
deadline, we recommend that they apply the following year.**

* *

The person needs to display financial need.  If financial need is not
described or documented, the candidate may be contacted for additional
information during a tight decision.  If an individual has financial need,
but is receiving a form of financial aid or other scholarships, then it is
considered when evaluating their financial need.**

* *

The candidate needs to articulate an interest in special libraries. Work
background is considered in evaluating their interest.**

* *

Involvement in the Rocky Mountain Chapter is a plus.**

Other criteria we consider:

We would like the award to go to someone who is committed to staying in the
region, if possible.  Indications are that they have a home or family and an
employment history in the area, and are not just residing there for a year
or two while in school.
Rocky Mountain Chapter, SLA
Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship Application (PDF available on RMSLA
Website: http://units.sla.org/chapter/crmt/index.asp )

Name:

Email :

Phone:             Best time of day to call:

Complete address:

How did you hear about this scholarship?

Graduate Library Program you are enrolled in:

Name of Institution:

Address of Institution:

Dates attended:          Expected Graduation date:

Credit Hrs. Completed:                        Credit Hrs. Remaining:

Reference from school who knows your work:

Name and title:

Phone:             Email:

Other Reference:

Name and title

Phone:             Email:

Honors, prizes, awards, and honor societies:

Special focus of study:

Describe briefly any independent study, research or thesis completed or in
process:

Are you an SLA member?

Other professional society or organization memberships:

Please describe your interest or experience in Special Libraries:

*Financial need:*

One of the factors used to decide who will receive this scholarship is
financial need.  Please let us know why you are applying for this
scholarship.  Please attach any supporting documentation, and list any other
scholarships received or applied for.

*Education:*

Undergraduate

Name of Institution:

Complete address of Institution:

Dates attended:          Degree:

Grade Point Average:             Subject:

Previous Graduate work

Name of Institution:

Complete address of Institution:

Dates attended:          Degree:

Grade Point Average:             Subject:

Other Post Secondary schools or institutions

Name of Institution:

Complete address of Institution:

Dates attended:          Degree:

Grade Point Average:             Subject:

Name of Institution:

Complete address of Institution:

Dates attended:          Degree:

Grade Point Average:             Subject:

*Experience: *Please list below, last three positions held.

Name & Address of Library, Company, Etc:

Position:  Dates:

Duties:

Name & Address of Library, Company, Etc:

Position:  Dates:

Duties:

Name & Address of Library, Company, Etc:

Position:  Dates:

Duties:

You may attach any additional pages or documentation to this application.

I agree to notify Rocky Mountain Chapter, SLA if I relocate, or of all
changes in my financial and academic status which occur during and after the
period in which my application is being considered. I understand the
Association may withdraw its offer of a scholarship if I fail to report such
changes.

signature:______________________________________________________

date:___________________________________________________________

*Questions? *Michelle Rainbolt Chair, RMSLA Academic Relations

303-795-7151 or 303-204-2117 or *mrainbolt@gmail.com *

*To Submit Your Application *

Your application must be postmarked, emailed, or faxed by midnight, October
4, 2010. Send to:

RMSLA Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship

c/o Shannon O’Grady

RMSLA President

Colorado Library Consortium (CLIC)

7400 E. Arapahoe Rd, Ste 75

Centennial, CO 80112

*SOGrady@clicweb.org *

Fax: 303-431-9752

Or

RMSLA Rebecca Jackson Memorial Scholarship

c/o Michelle Rainbolt Chair, RMSLA Academic Relations

3522 W. Patterson Pl.

Littleton, CO 80123

*mrainbolt@gmail.com*

 * To contact an LM_NET Moderator:  LM_NET-request@listserv.syr.edu