Several of you said that you were interested in this and requested that I post a
hit, but I did not get a single reply from someone actually using Moodle for their
elementary school website.  I did not get what I was hoping for, but here is what I
culled from the archives:

1)  I've used Moodle for a few years, not for a library web page but for book
discussion forums, mainly.  I wouldn't recommend it as a library web page: really
quirky, not particularly easy to use; have to log in; many many clicks before you
get to anything useful.

2) Our district is also trying to push Moodle. I have a library Moodle, but it's
used for teaching. It wouldn't work for my public page, because you have to log in
in order to see it, but maybe that's just the way our district has it set up.

3)  I manage a Moodle for our teachers---it is wonderful. We use it for everything,
updates, staff development. As much as I love our Moodle, I do not have one for
students. The Moodle is password protected and is restrictive. I want all my
students to have easy access to my library site.

Sue

Susan Miles
Eastern Elementary Library
1600 Eastern Ave.