I am going to have to disagree with this statement.  I did enjoy the Millennium
Trilogy immensely, this book has no place in a high school library, definitely not
middle school. It not only has MANY different sexual situations and violence
against women, I just don't see how this belongs in a school library.  Maybe an
okay choice for juniors or seniors but I do not think that freshman and sophomores
and certainly not middle school age children have the capacity to truly understand
what Larsson was trying to say.

I think there is a difference between many of the more edgy YA lit out there and
scenes in this book.  I am by no means a prude and do I think some of the kids have
already read this, yes.  But as a school librarian, I am not putting this on the
shelves.  This is for a parent to decide and as a parent, I certainly would not
want my child reading this without me knowing, reading it with them and discussing
it.

Just my two cents.

Amanda T. Graves
Librarian