LM_NETters,

I posted this message to the K12ADMIN list, but we would like more
perspective than just that of administrators.  Do any of you do this?  What do
you hear from your teachers?  How does it affect your programs?

Thanks!

Group,

Our Principal's Advisory Committee is exploring various block scheduling
possibilities.  The one that seems to fit our needs has scheduled classes
on alternating days.  If you are using such a plan, will you advise us:

        1. How do you schedule teacher conferences (every day, every other day,
 all at the same time at the end of the day, etc.)

        2. If your athletic program is last period, does it meet every day?

        3. If blocking increases your schedule to 8 periods (from the usual 7),
do your teachers have fewer students dispersed over the 8 periods or do you
have fewer teachers?

We will look at options, present the information to the faculty, and then
submit the plan to the Site Based Decision Making Committee as
consideration for next year's Campus Improvement Plan.

Thanks for any ideas.

Betty
                            bhamilt@tenet.edu
Betty Hamilton, LRS             .----.
Brownfield High School LMC      |    |                Home:
701 Cub Drive, North        ____|*    ~~~~~~.         911 East Oak St.
Brownfield, Texas  79316    \               |         Brownfield, TX 79316
(806) 637-4523               \_/\        . /          (806) 637-4213
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home