The question was:
> Since I have started talking about this list and being on the Internet, I
> am having others come to me and ask for lists specific to their subject
> interest.  Surely, there is a directory out there!  Can someone tell me
> about it/them?  Thanks....

As I have not seen a specific gopher location mentioned yet, I would like to
suggest the following gopher for the Education list, the Usenet list, and
several others.  I've found it to be a reliable source for many topics.
Pencils and paper ready...

gopher : nysernet.org

        The "Special Collections: Internet Help" menu offers:

FTP list
Guide to educational listservs
Guide to Educational Usenet sights
Yanoff's list (of Internet topics of interest)
Lists of Lists (long)
BBS list
Lists of Internet books
Gopher lessons

        The "Special Collections: Business..." menu offers:

Economics Interests e-mail lists
Business and Academic lists

        "The Reference Desk" menu offers:

(In 300 or 600; can't remember which)
Lists of Medical-related sources and Usenet groups

This gopher offers many other information sources for the new and advanced
user.  I do recommend checking it out sometime.   Happy 'Netting!
--

Eugene Hainer                           | "There are two kinds of knowledge.

LM_NET Archive Home