We purchased "Discovering Authors" after I discussed choices with several
librarians who had the same experiences Gail reports.  I tried
"Discovering Authors" before purachase and agree that it was easy.  I
never tried DISCLIT - just listened to others' recommendations.  I have
also been told that DISCLIT does not network well.  We have Discovering
Authors networked.

On Sun, 9 Jan 1994, Gail M. Szeliga wrote:

> "Discovering Authors" (Gale Research) is a great CD ROM.  It covers the
> top 350 authors studied at the high school level.  It is VERY easy to use and
 ha
>  s been
> an excellent source of information.  We have it networked over a
> Novell Lan.  Well worth the price.
>
> Then there is DISCLIT.... I cannot say the same for this product which
> contains the full text of the Twayne Author series.  It has not proved
> very useful to us.  Has anyone else out there had experience with these
> products?
>
> >DATE:   Sun, 9 Jan 1994 10:17:32 -0600
> >FROM:   Pamela Gibb <pgibb1@BIGCAT.MISSOURI.EDU>
> >
> >To Gail and other interested Netters,
> >
> >Yes, there are quite a few other new or newish educators from my area that
> >are interested in a discussion of CD-ROMs.  Hope the rest of you won't
> >mind seeing and participating again.
> >
> >I am in need of recommendations for current authors on CD-ROM and/or print
> >form.  My school has almost nothing.  I have about $500 to spend this year
> >for this in print or nonprint form.  I will not have nearly this much to
> >spend in future years.
> >
> >We do have Dialog search capabilities, but have not used it much.  Perhaps
> >there are sources there???
> >
> >Thanks much!
> >
> >Pamela
> >
> >Pamela Gibb       2000 College Park Drive       Cooper County R-IV School
> >LMC Director        Columbia, MO 65203            P.O. Box 110, Hwy J
> >                       314-445-6481                  816-427-5415

LM_NET Archive Home