I am sending this request to the list on behalf of my wife who is the
LMS for a K-8 school but who has no acces to the NET.  Recently Jan
Dougall (apologies for any spelling errors) of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canada requested information from the list on how to say "Welcome" in
many languages to be used in welcoming back the students in the New Year.

Two replies were posted to the list indicating how "welcome" is said in
Hawaiian and Maori.  My wife would be interested in any other ways to
say "Welcome" as she will be the host of a new citizenship reception
for new citizens accepted into Canada that will be held at her school.

Perhaps Jan could reply to my attention or post to the list any reponses
she received.  I would be happy to summarize any replies I receive.

The list of how to say "I Love You" in many languages was excellent.  I am
hoping that a list of "Welcome" will be as long.

Terry Schiissler per Pat Schiissler (LMS - St. Bernadette School)
Library Serials Department
University of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canada