Paula,

Yes, we purchased CD-Newsbank this school year, after trying it free
several months last year.  My students (210 K-12 in Bunceton, Missouri)
prefered it to Infotrac last year, which we were also trying for free trial.
CD-Newsbank has several packages, our budget allowing the $900 come-on.

We especially appreciate the attitude of the CD-Newsbank people toward
networking.  We are too small to afford to network most products, so were
delighted to learn that CD-Newsbank gives full permission to network at no
extra charge.  CD-Newsbank is fully networkable!  (Their attitude is that
the more kids they can hook on their product the more they'll sell
later.......and really, what other sales are being lost at our little
school by allowing us to fully network?)  I hope some of you vendors from
other companies out there see this.

Another hint for small schools......Infotrac just came out with a new
full-text product for elementary schools only-TOM Jr.  I believe they've
found outside funding to supplement our cost of $600.  My kids love this
also, in fact better than the older TOM  because it is mostly full-text.

I know I sound like a salesperson, but try these products if your budget
is small.

Thanks for all your contributions.  By the way, I'm still hoping someone
out there can tell me if you'd rather have text or CD-ROM for current
authors if that is your only source ($500 saved for this). Thanks all.

Pamela

Pamela Gibb       2000 College Park Drive       Cooper County R-IV School
LMC Director        Columbia, MO 65203            P.O. Box 110, Hwy J
                  (Home address & phone)       Bunceton, MO (Missouri) 65237
                       314-445-6481                  816-427-5415