Doug,
Yes, I'd like to see your paper on student access of the internet.
I'm a middle school librarian. We have app. 1750 students.
We have a Novelle ethernet network with 10 student workstations.
Students have access to a variety of CD ROM and software programs
across the network.  They also have access to a modem.  Currently we
have only one modem which can be accessed by any student workstation,
but we just got approval for three additional phone lines (so now we
have to sell enough basketball cards, etc. to afford the modems, phone
line bill and our technicians time to set up).
Currently we have modem access set up so that students can (from a menu)
call either the public library system or UNLV.  Many of our students have
learned that when they go to UNLV they then can go to "other library catalogs"
and get to CARL, MELVYL, etc. and go to libraries all over the world.  They
are having a great time and we desperately need our additional phone lines.
I'd also like to offer them internet access of some sort -- do you know of
any programs or do you have any ideas  ?????

I'd appreciate any ideas.  Thanks.
Roxanne Boyce, Librarian
Johnson JHS Library
7701 Ducharme Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89128  702-799-4480 ext.230
mez1zo@nevada.edu

LM_NET Archive Home