-> One of my administrators is gathering a list of the most pressing
-> educational problems which may be open to technological solutions.
->
-> We have started by listing these two possibilities:
->
->         Enhancing student achievement using CAI - computer assisted
->                 instruction.
->
->         Assisting at-risk students with a telecommunications link
->                 to their home.
->
-> Can anyone offer any other ideas?  Thanks for the help. Will post ans

...A highschool in our area offers a "student writers in residence"
program to the local elementary schools. Students from grades 6, 7 and 8
contact their peer-assistant at the highschool via modem and this
person, a grade 11 or 12 student, assists with essay style, suggestions
for content, resource material, etc. The work from a networked computer
lab designated "The Write Place" and located within the library/media
centre.

Combined learning about practical telecommunications _and_ writing seems
like a worthwhile commitment of technological resources. It comes as not
too much of a surprise that the highschool students benefit almost as
much as those seeking the help

-=Steve!

       Steve Henry, SysOp - AMBASSADOR BOARD - Dufferin's Premier BBS!