I have a "Little Mouse" at the computer at my desk.  It has a red light
that tracks and a metal "mouse pad".  I love it.  It's for a Mac.  I could
check to see if there is one for IBM's.  APS is a company that may only
sell Mac stuff, but they say that the rubber deteriorates and causes the
mouse ball to skip, etc.  They sell replacements of some tougher material
for $15.  I ordered one to see if the mice I have that are not performing
need this or to be replaced.Whew!  The cheapest new mouse I could find
 costs about $25.  I think they're just a peripheral that wears out with use
and needs to be replaced, unfortunately.

Nancy Cowal ~ Media Coordinator ~ Cape Hatteras K-12 School
Buxton, NC~hatteras@micronet.wcu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home