My elementary school has the reasonably current Land of Enchantment series
(gosh - I think that's correct - I always find myself writing from home).
It's a series from Childrens Press.We find it to be
very good. I have also purchased an "easier reading" series from Raintree
(again - I hope that's correct...). The Raintree series is not
as thorough but serves those students with difficulties.

On Thu, 13 Jan 1994, Marjorie Swank wrote:

> To multiple recipients of list LM_NET:
>
> What would you recommend for elementary library acquisition for students
> studying the United States?  Several of the intermediate classes in my
> K-5 school study each of the states and do research reports on each state.
> My collection is 40 years old, and a lot has changed in the past 40 years.
> Are there any individual or series titles that are especially good?
>
> Marge Swank, Librarian
> Scott Elementary School
> 310 South Scott
> Belton, MO  64012