We are developing an interdisciplinary unit based on a couple of chapters in a
Grade 10 science textbook dealing with radiation and nuclear energy. One
of the teachers has suggested he would be interested in introducing his
class to the Internet by researching some aspects of this topic. I have
done a preliminary search on the Internet using keywords such as nuclear
reactors, radioactive wastes etc.,but much of this material is beyond the
students (and my) understanding. I have found reports from Hiroshima
survivors students can read. Does anyone out there know where I can find
information related to this topic e.g. locations of nuclear power plants,
radiation sickness, advantages and diasadvantages of nuclear power,
current discussions about experimentation with radiation on humans OR
ideas that could be included in such a unit?
I will be happy to share this information with anyone who requests it.
Thanks.

Evelyn Wood

ewood@cln.etc.bc.ca

LM_NET Archive Home