While there are standards for the Metatags and fields, Dublin Core
being one of them, there are no standards for the data that is
entered in the fields, other than being sure to enter the correct type
of data in the correct field.

For example, the Dublin Core standards have a field for subject
information, but the terms used are not restricted to a controlled
vocabulary.

If you want to learn more about the DC from the source, the
website is at <http://purl.org/dc/index.htm>. The page with the
Dublin Core Element Set contains the elements and descriptions.

Dan Robinson
Indexing Services
H.W. Wilson Company
Bronx, NY