At long last, as requested by so many of you, I am posting a hit of
Cinderella stories by continents.  I have included mostly traditional tales
with a few "fractured tales" thrown in for interest.  A few of these
stories can only be found in collections but most are available in picture
book versions. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate Cinderella
stories from South America or Australia.  I'll keep looking.  I was advised
by one kind person from LMNet that stories from either continent are
difficult to find, so I'll include a few of the S. A. and Australian titles
other than Cinderella stories that I'll be using with my students.

Here's a brief outline of how I plan to use these stories.  I will be
teaching the continents through folk literature to our second graders.
I'll spend a few weeks on each continent so this will be a year-long
project.  The first lesson will be about Cinderella.  I'll tell them the
elements of Cinderella stories (persecuted heroine, magic help, meeting
with prince, proof of identity, marriage with a prince) and will explain
that the Cinderella story they are familiar with isn't the only one.

As I introduce each continent, I'll read various stories from there and
slip in a Cinderella story every so often.  The students will identify the
Cinderella stories and we'll put a marker on our map to show where each
story came from.  By the end of the year, I'll expect the students to know
each of the 7 continents and where they are located.

Cinderella Stories by Continents

AFRICA
Chinye: A West African Folk Tale / Onyefulu
The Egyptian Cinderella / Climo
Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters / Steptoe
Nomi and the Magic Fish / Phumla

ANTARCTICA
Cinderella Penguin or the Little Glass Flipper / Perlman  (This is actually
a "Fractured Fairy Tale, but I thought it would be fun to use with
Antarctica.)

ASIA
Abadela: The Philippine Cinderella / De La Paz
Angkat: The Cambodian Cinderella / Coburn
The Brocaded Slipper & other Vietnamese Tales / Vuong
The Enchanted Anklet: a Folk Tale from India / Mehta
The Golden Sandal: A Middle Eastern Cinderella / Hickox
Grandmother Crocodile: A Cinderella Tale from Indonesia/ Sierra
Jouanah: A Hmong Cinderella / Coburn
The Korean Cinderella / Climo
In the Land of Small Dragon: A Vietnamese Folktale / Clark
The Persian Cinderella / Climo
Wishbones: A Folktale from China / Wilson
Yeh-shen: a Cinderella Tale from China / Louie

EUROPE
Aschenputtel / Grim  (Germany)
Baba Yaga and Vasilisa the Brave / Mayer  (Russia)
Billy Beg and His Bull / Green  (Ireland)
Cap o' Rushes / Finlay  (England)
Cinderella / Perrault  (This is the version with which we are familiar.)
Fair, Brown & Trembling: An Irish Cinderella Story / Daly
Little Gold Star: Estrella de Oro: A Cinderella Cuento / Hayes
                   (Spanish and English)
The Princess and the Golden Shoes  (Scotland)
Princess Furball / Huck
Princess on the Glass Hill  (Norway)
Raisel's Riddle / Silverman  (Jewish)
Twelve Months: A Slav Legend
Tattercoats / versions by Finlay, Greaves, Jacobs, and Steel  (England)
Vasalissa and Her Magic Doll   (Russia)
Vasilisa the Beautiful / Whitney  (Russia)
Vasilissa the Beautiful / Winthrop  (Russia)
The Way Meat Loves Salt: A Cinderella Tale from the Jewish
     Tradition / Jaffe

NORTH AMERICA
Ashpet / Compton (Appalachian)
Cinder-Elly / Minters
Cinder Edna / Jackson
Cindy Ellen: A Wild Western Cinderella / Lowell
Ghetto Girl's Dream: An African-American Cinderella Story / Sherrill
The Invisible One / Sierra  (Micmac, Canada)
"Little Burnt Face" in Time for Old Magic / Arbuthnot
Little Firefly: An Algonquian Legend / Cohlene
Little Gold Star: A Spanish American Cinderella Tale / San Souci
The Magic Orange Tree / Wolkstein  (Haiti)
Moss Gown / Hooks  Southern U.S.)
Naya: the Inuit Cinderella / Marceau-Chenkie
The Rough Face Girl / Martin (Algonquian)
A Sagebrush Cinderella / Brand
Smoky Mountain Rose: An Appalachian Cinderella / Schroeder
Sootface: An Ojibwa Cinderella Story / San Souci
The Talking Eggs / San Souci

SOUTH AMERICA & AUSTRALIA

I haven't located a Cinderella story from either of these continents, but I
have located a few other folktales.
SOUTH AMERICA
The Dancing Turtle / DeSpain  (Brazil)
How Llama Saved the Day / Palazzo  (Peru)
How Night Came To Be / Palazzo  (Brazil)
James the Vine Puller / Stiles  (Brazil)
The Magic Bean Tree / Van Laan  (Argentina)
Mariana and the Merchild / Pitcher  (Chile)
Moon Rope / Ehlert  (Peru)
The Red Comb / Pico  (Argentina)
So Say the Little Monkeys / Van Laan  (Brazil)
Wonder Tales From Around the World / Forest  "The Search for the Magic Lake"
     (Ecuador)
Zorro and Quwi: Tales of A Trickster Guinea Pig / Hickox  (Peru)

AUSTRALIA
The Biggest Frog in Australia / Roth
The Brothers Gruesome / Elgar
The Celestial River / Stryer
Folk Tales & Fables of Asia & Australia / Ingpen
WonderTales From Around the World / Forest  "The Sad Story of Stone Frog"