Hi
I was hoping someone from this great list could help me. I am a little
stressed out at the moment. Last year I taught in two schools: pre-k-K in one
and 1-4th in the other. Now I will have 1-4th in one school and teach 5th
grade in the middle school. I was informed today that i would see classes on
a rotating basis. I will have a 5th grade class come with their teacher to
the library/cafeteria (yes our library is also a cafeteria), once a week for
a month. I will also have some classes that i will only see in the classroom.
Then classes will switch and another class will be given library for a month.
So I believe I only see the students 4 or 5 times the whole year. Does anyone
have any suggestions as to what I should do with these classes. I was hoping
to have the first week to get to know the middle school library before
classes started, but i was informed they start immediately. I would normally
do a scavenger hunt or go over rules but I don't even know the library how
things are going to be their yet. Another librarian will be working with the
6th graders who get library classes for only half a year.
Do you have any suggestions on what i could do in a month or what would be
best to do for tomorrow. I know this is short notice, but i figured it
couldn't hurt to get some input from whoever had time to offer suggestions.
In the next couple of days i will try to see if I can collaborate with
teachers and relate it to what the students are learning, but would like
something for the first day. They will not be taking out books tomorrow, so I
have 40 min.
Thank you for your time.
Rose Luna
LMS