I have been asked to find research which supports the idea of shuffling
the membership on interdisciplinary teams in my school.  I have been
able to find research which supports the concept of teaming in middle
schools but none which supports changing the membership of teams every
now and then, or which gives the benefits of doing so.  I have been
told, by a former principal, that there is research which supports
shaking up the membership of organizations to prevent stagnation and
improve the performance of the group.  If there is research which
supports not changing team membership for extended periods of time I
would also be interested finding it.  This has already been done once
here and it appears that it is about to happen again.  This is a 6 - 8
building with two teams per grade.  The shuffling is done by grade,
i.e., the sixth grade teachers would be teaching with different team
members next year.  Core teachers do not move between grades.

    Any assistance will be appreciated.

Don Korte
Columbus Middle School
Columbus, Ne