Hi all,
As requested, here is a hit from my query last week- I was pulling =
together ideas for a lesson plan for 11th grade about children's lit. =
and authors:

Kim,
Eric Carle has a wonderful website with ideas for each of his books and =
for his works in general.  You might want to check it out.  The address =
is: http:www.eric-carle.com=20
Jan Brett has a wonderful website with great stuff to download on =
it...it's=20
http://www.janbrett.com/

Eric Carle has a good website, too.
http://www.eric-carle.com/
I've used a lot of those things to promote and wow my kids. The high =
schoolers, will have great fun doing these activities, too...

***************************************

Kim:

I know that Jan Brett has a wonderful web page at <www.janbrett.com>  I =
also know that she loves hedgehogs and always has one hidden  or =
not-so-hidden in her illustrations.

Hopefully you have found Eric Carle's web site, and Jan Brett's. I don't
know about Pfister - he's not one I do.
Some other authors that have web sites are Marc Brown =
(http://www.pbs.org
then click on Arthur) and Norman Bridwell's Clifford (PBS again) and Dav
Pilkey http://www.pilkey.com
I've been a librarian for 19 years, and my mother is one, too. We've =
made it
a habit of collecting certain authors - Eric Carle, Tomei dePaola, =
Norman
Bridwell, Marc Brown, Jan Brett, Maurice Sendak, Steven Kellogg, HA Rey,
Judith Viorst, Arnold Lobel, Laura Jean Numeroff, Dr. Suess, Mercer =
Mayer,
James Marshall, William Steig, Charles Schultz =
(http://www.snoopy.com)....
If you pick a few and keep your eyes open you will find all sorts of =
stuff
that the author did. I've found coloring books, stickers, videos (Meet =
Marc
Brown is great, and I have two claymation tapes: one of Curious George, =
and
another of Frog and Toad) Weston Woods/Children's Choice has a whole =
series
of picture book videos.
We are really into Yard Sale-ing and we find things to add to our
collection. I've found old books by some authors before they got =
"famous".
Stuffed characters, videos, all kinds of stuff.
I love to do author studies with kids. I usually tell the kids "This is =
one
of my favorite authors!" (yeah, they hear it every week with a different
author each time!)  I show them all the books I have, both library books =
and
ones I have collected. We might read one or two. We look at the web =
site,
playing any games that come up (Arthur has a bunch) and then I show them =
how
they can print out a coloring sheet (most have them ) and I make sure I =
have
enough that they can each have one.
Many authors have web sites.
I just wrote to Nancy Carlsen and told her I wish she had coloring =
sheets.
She said she would look into it!
I guess you can tell this is one of my favorite things to do.

I do author studies often.  I am at the elementary level.  I "hook" them =
in by asking ahead of time what their fav author was when they were =
little.  I also do the teacher's for fun, if I can find a copy of the =
book and other books by that author.

How about Dav Pilkey...http://www.pilkey.com/
=20
His site is so much fun!
=20
Also Magic Tree House site  and Junie b. Jones....

Here are some websites that might be helpful.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dkbrown/authors.html

http://dir.yahoo.com/Arts/Humanities/Literature/Authors/Children_s/

http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~tbushey/author.html

http://www.childrenslit.com/f_mai.htm

I'm not quite sure what types of resources you're after, but on my =
website,
TeachingBooks.net, is a multimedia children's literature database. You =
can
sign up (free of charge) and access links around the web for resources =
on
these authors -- teacher guides, their own pages, and so forth.

Hope that helps.

Kim Monaco
Reference and YA Services Librarian
Central Islip Public Library