I have been asked to suggest books to my 3rd and 4th graders that are within
their lexile range.  I am ok with some levels but am stumped at what to
suggest for the kids that are in the 800 and 900 range.   I used
lexile.comand for most of the books that were in the 800-999 range the
content was not
appropriate.  My catalog records do not contain any lexile info or other
reading levels like AR or RC.

Do you have any suggestions of particular books or a different site to use
to look up levels?  I found lexile.com to be cumbersome.  For example, their
list has fiction and non-fiction combined and I am looking for fiction
only.

How do others help students with finding books at their levels?  I was
thinking of creating bibliogrpahies by levels and keeping them in a notebook
at the checkout desk?  Is there a better way?

Thanks
Deirdre
--
Deirdre Jameson