I guess I don't have a big concern that today's students may not know the name
Horatio Alger. I'm sure there are cultural icons for my parents' generation that I
did not know. What does concern me, however, is the numbers of students who think
there are 52 states, that Lincoln was the first president, and that New Mexico is a
foreign country.

Marsha ReddLibrarian, Kelloggsville High School Grand Rapids, MI
marsharedd@hotmail.comEducation is not a goal; it is a life-long process. Everyone
is a student. Everyone is a teacher.