I need some quick advice. We are building a new library at our school. It
will be approx. 27m X11m, and has to serve all of our 160 students, grades
PS3 to 12. Within the dimensions, I can have smaller areas partitioned
off. I am meeting with the architect next week and would love to know if
you have any advice concerning...

1. the MUST HAVES and the DO NOTS that absolutely cannot be ignored for
designing this space?
2.  the furniture that would be on your short list to order right away and
even design space around?
3. Anything else I should not fail to mention to this architect during our
first visit?

If anyone has a website with photos of their small, well-designed library,
or a feature of it that you love, hate, etc., can you please send it on to
me either as a link or attachment.

Thanks so much-- right now I just need advice about the very early
planning stages of a new library. Later I'll be asking you about other
furniture, colors, arrangement, etc.

Terry Thomas
School librarian/ Middle school Language Arts teacher
Colegio Internacional Puerto la Cruz
Venezuela
terry.thomas@ciplc.net