Thank you to everyone who send in suggestions. Sorry it has taken so long to post
this - I do not have a lot of time to check my email, so I am catching up with week.

I was looking for books for my 3rd grade teachers to use for their Christmas Around
the World. The overwhelming majoirty suggested a set by World Book

Below are the other suggestions I received as well...

The folklore of world holidays / Margaret Read MacDonald, editor.
Detroit : Gale Research, c1992. c1992.
Subjects Holidays.
  Folklore
  Festivals.
Added author:  MacDonald, Margaret Read, 1940-
ISBN:  081037577X :
Edition:  1st ed.
==================================

I also have another book:
The folklore of American holidays / Hennig Cohen and Tristram Potter
Coffin, editors.
Detroit : Gale Research, c1991. c1991.
Subjects Holidays -- United States.
  Folklore -- United States.
  Festivals -- United States.
  United States -- Social life and customs.
Added author:  Cohen, Hennig.
Coffin, Tristram Potter, 1922-
ISBN:  0810376024 (alk. paper) :
Edition:  2nd ed.
General Note:  "A Compilation of more than 500 beliefs, legends,
superstitions, proverbs, riddles, poems, songs, dances, games, plays,
pageants, fairs, foods, and processions associated with over 120
American calendar customs and festivals."

The Christmas section of this one has sections like:
Moravian Christmas,
Slovak Christmas Eve Supper
Polish Christmas Eve Supper
Christmas Cooking, Italian Style
Slovenian Christmas Customs
Danish Christmas Tree
Norwegian Pioneer Christmas
Etc.

I also have the Fiesta series by Grolier in which many countries have a pages on
Christmas or holidays near Christmas.  I can't find that one in print either - both
are from the mid 1990's, but I use both and maybe you can find them used or borrow
them.

I don't have a series, but for my cultural diversity unit in December I use
Kimmel's Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins and DePaola's Legend of the Pointsettia.

Seantele Foreman
Librarian
C.J. Harris Elementary
Pearland, TX