Hi, Everyone.

I realize this is a busy week and many people are not at school.  Hopefully, I will
get a few replies anyway and can post a hit.

After my recent Scholastic Book Fair, I opted to receive half my profit in
Scholastic Dollars and am preparing to order library bound books from the School
Resource Catalog.  The profit options really weren't that great, but I need to
supplement my book budget.

If you have ordered the library processing and MARC records from Scholastic, did
you feel that they were worth the price?  Were the records and processing as good
as you normally receive from a book jobber?  $2.50 per book seems high, and they
state that it can take up to 6 weeks to receive them.  I hate to spend the extra
money on top of the already exorbitant shipping and handling charges (not to
mention the high prices for the books), but I also don't want to have to catalog
and process a large number of books on my own.  (Very time consuming as everyone
knows.)

Please let me know what your experience has been.

Thank you for your information.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda Patterson
Librarian
Hill Country Montessori School
Boerne, TX