I would have to echo Guusje's remarks for Arizona, plus add in the fact that we are
about dead last in per pupil funding so there is no money there for any staffing. I
am in charge-by myself- of a high school library that serves 1600 students plus
another 100+ staff. I too have 2 choices--have a job or not.

I am so jealous of those of you who have more than one librarian or an assistant.
You get to do all those great Web 2.0 things and collaborate with teachers. I'm
lucky to get my books shelved once a week. Luckily I LIKE shelving.

The reality is you do what you can, when you can. You get used to doing everything
with interruptions and being dead tired at the end of the day.

Thanks heavens I still love the kids and being a librarian--I helps keep me going!

Carol

Carol Hager
Library Director
Thunderbird High School
1750 W Thunderbird Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85023
cshager@guhsdaz.org

The more that you read, the more things you will know.  The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.--Dr. Seuss (1904-1991)

_______________________________________

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
 CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual
(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is privileged and
 confidential under state and federal law.  This information may be used or
disclosed
 only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to penalties under law for
 improper use or further disclosure of the information in this e-mail and its
attachments.
 If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the person
named
 above by reply e-mail, and then delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.