On Thu, 31 Mar 1994, Mary Beth McKee wrote:

> Does any on LM_NET know the origin of placing rocks on tombstones as
> demonstrated in the film, "Schindler's List?"

I will be interested in the response to this question.  We were
discussing this at school the other day.  ONe person said he thought it
reveals respect for the deceased by showing that he/she is still
remembered.  The rocks are evidence that he/she is being visited
regularly and thought of often.

Is that true?

Betty
Betty Hamilton      <bhamilt@tenet.edu>     Voice: (806) 637-4523
Director of Library Media                           701 Cub Drive
Brownfield High School                        Brownfield TX 79316

LM_NET Archive Home