Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 23:06:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Dianne Karp <dkarp@scs.unr.edu>
    behavior%asuacad.BITNET@nic.near.net
Cc: ld-list@east.pima.edu
Subject: LD books for kids

I happen to be a grad student in Sp Ed at the Un of Nv at Reno.  I work
part time in the Ed Advising ctr whre we have been getting a face lift.
Well, to make a long story shor, one of the professors in a neighboring
office was putting books back on a shelf while I was talking to him and I
saw these goodies.  He and another of our profs wrote them.  One for
parents is coming out this fall.

The Survival Guide for Teenagers with LD   ISBN # 0-915793-51-2 $11.95

"     "        "     " Kids with LD     ISBN #0-915793-18-0  $9.95

"    School Survival Guide for Kids with LD  ISBN #0-915793-32-6 $10.95

They are all written by Dr Gary Fisher and Dr Rhoda Cummings
and put out by Free Spirit Press.  Free Spirit also puts out The
survival guide for gifted kids.

Some are availabel in Spanish and some are available in audiotape.
          Free Spirit Publishing Inc
          400 First Ave N, Suite 616
          Minneapolis, Mn 55410
          1-800-735-7323  for a catalog

I have only just skimmed through these but they look very good.  Dr
Cummings has an adult son who is LD and Dr Fisher has worked as a school
psych with LD kids.  I can highly recommend both of them as knowledgable,
caring people.  I plan to call for a catalog tomorrow

Dianne Karp  dkarp@shadow.scs.unr.edu

Nancy Fralic  fralic@pps.pgh.pa.us
Computer Coordinator
McCleary Elementary School, Pittsburgh Pa

LM_NET Archive Home