I've been asked to assist a school where there is interest in extending the
current use of online services. In particular there is a desire to make the
modem available from any computer on the network.

The school has Macs on Appletalk and IBM compatibles on Novell. Can anyone
please describe their experiences at achieving a workable solution. I know about
the Novell NASI solution but have used it briefly and found that many comms
software packages don't recognise that interface. I believe that the Shiva
Netport is a viable solution for the Mac environment.

Any advice out there?

Ralph Leonard
Department for Education and Children's Services
South Australia

LM_NET Archive Home