Journeyed from Texas to western Pennsylvania two weeks ago
for my so-called Spring Break.  Was I nuts or what?  Many days it was 15
degrees, it got warm (36) the day it snowed 8 inches.  My dad and I ran the
snow blower around the neighborhood 3 times in one day.  However, that's
not bad when you are on vacation, see snow once every few years, and
aren't having to dig out before going to work.  Building the snowman
was fun.  Arrived back in Texas at the end of the week to see my grass up to
my knees and my daffodils past their peak.

Current signs of Spring - all the teachers we've been trying to work with
all year with no success are now trying to schedule the library at the
end of school.  Sent out a memo first week of January saying the
librarian wouldn't be available the week of the Texas Library Association
meeting.  Now five teachers plus those who need to use the library for
8th grade social studies TAAS research want to schedule the library that
week! We were already full with teachers who work with us regularly and
are using that time for follow-up with kids who know what they are doing
or who want to read.  That can be handled nicely with just the library
aide there.  What a perverse pleasure I took in saying, "Sorry."

LM_NET Archive Home