Does anyone know of anything being written about the impact of outcome-based
education on the school library resource centre program. OBE is the current
push coming from educational reformers here who seem more motivated by
budget reudction and the corporate agenda than any undertsanding of
reosurce based learning, cooperative planning and teaching or the importance
of an integrated school library program.
We have searched the literature but nothing seems to be out there
linking these two educational topics. We feel a little ignorant of what OBE
is and how it has impacted on other school districts. Please write to us
giving any ideas, thoughts or personal expriences with this powerful
yet little understood wave in education.
We publish a journal fo rteacher-librarians called The School Library Advocate
and OUtcome-Based Edcuation is the theme of our next issue. Thanks for your
help.
Ray Doiron
Editor
School Library Advocate