Ok all, I guess I really must have been asleep at the wheel. Can someone
please tell me where they read that LC is giving up printing CIP
information in books. Please.

Thanks in advance.

Allison G. Kaplan
Education Resource Center
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716-2940

akaplan@brahms.udel.edu

On Tue, 12 Apr 1994, Margaret J. McCormick wrote:

> It seems very, very important to retain the CIP of Library of Congress,
> inasmuch as fewer and fewer of us in school libraries have centralized
> cataloging and processing.  It is a great help to librarians and lets
> support staff, non-certified personnel, help with the simplest sort of
> cataloging.  Vendor cataloging is frequently less reliable.  Let us hope
> to keep a good cataloging tool.
> I would like to officially reply - if you offer an address.
> Let us not let this change go unchallenged.
> margaret
>
> On Sun, 10 Apr 1994, Diane Durbin wrote:
>
> > No answer to this yet - and I'm one of the unhappy ones who wants to
> > email my feelings about this.
> >
> > On Fri, 8 Apr 1994, Sheryl Lee wrote:
> >
> > > Lorna, I agree -- I'd like such an address too!!   --Sheryl

LM_NET Archive Home