Bob:

Yes! post this info to the net. MANY of us are in the same situation as
yourself; longer class periods, fewer per day, etc. Policies and procedures that
really work in the Media Center would be great. Our high school will move to a
new, modified schedule next year and an even more modified one the year after.
In addition, I am losing my one clerical aide, and we will be losing teachers.
Right now, all students in our bldg. (1800 kids) have a lunch period off, and a
n additional "free" period. You can imagine where they hang out during their two
unscheduled periods. Ours is considered an "open campus". As you can see, I do
need some ammunition (or at least some ideas) on possible policy/procedure
change.

Many thanks.

Pat Wilber
South Eugene High School