Paula,

I've received brochures about the Aver device.  After TCEA (Texas Computer
Educators Association) conference in Austin, TX, in Feb. where I saw such
a device advertised, I ordered a Presenter Plus (same type of device) for
about $250 (I can't remember the exact amount).  I let the computer
teacher try it out, and she's still using it!  I'll have to order a
second one (or she will order one) so I can use it for demonstrations in
the library.  (BTW, we use IBMs.)

The only problem we had was that the cables for attaching were so short
that the placement of the TV was awkward.  We bought standard extension
wires from Radio Shack and she was able to move the TV to the center of
the room with a taller (52") cart.  She said it works great for class
demonstrations and group editing.  For a larger group or for an
auditorium, the tv screen would be too small.

I'm sure there are other brands that do basically the same thing.  This
just happened to be the one I saw and figured it would work for our
purposes.

Betty
                            bhamilt@tenet.edu
Betty Hamilton, LRS             .----.
Brownfield High School LMC      |    |                Home:
701 Cub Drive, North        ____|*    ~~~~~~.         911 East Oak St.
Brownfield, Texas  79316    \               |         Brownfield, TX 79316
(806) 637-4523               \_/\        . /          (806) 637-4213
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home