Hi, all!  In my weekly meeting with my principal, she mentioned
that she wanted to buy a stand-alone MAC for the library with
one of these digital cameras that you can use instead of a
scanner... she was at an Apple conference where it was on
display.

Anyone know about these?  I want to be able to recommend
equipment with some semblance of knowledge, and I have never
heard of these.

Another question:  We have all IBM computers networked in the
LMS, and we use Follett Circ/Cat+ (we will get Unison soon).
We are making a plan for networking out to the classrooms,
including CD-Roms.  I had worked out a plan for IBM, but she is
getting a lot of other advice about having MACs in the
classroom.  I know they are great, but am I not correct in
assuming that networking with both is going to be a LOT more
expensive?

Thanks, everyone.  Have a great weekend!  We are drowning in
pollen out in VA!  I have great hopes for rain this afternoon.

Lorna McCloud
Teacher-Librarian
King Elementary
Woodbridge, VA