Dear LM Netters,
I am afraid I must apologize for some eroneous info that I posted here on
Sun.  I read my paper incorrectly!  I went back and reread the section on
votes in Congress.  The wording was ambiguous the first time I read it.
The Helms amendment DID pass - both MD senators voted AGAINST the
amendment.  Since no such language exists in the House version, there
will be a conference committee.  How unfortunate that funding worthwhile
programs are hinged upon the views of a few.

Sorry for the misleading info!

Barb Falkinburg
barbaraf@umd5.umd.edu

LM_NET Archive Home