>Our art teacher would like a copy of an alphabet poem done by Langston
>Hughes.  She isn't sure what the title is or which collection of poems it
>is in.  The poem describes an animal for every letter of the alphabet.
>She just called me at home this evening with this request.  Thanks!  Penny
>McAllister//pmcalli7@ua1ix.ua.edu

The book is The Sweet and Sour Animal Book.  I am replying to all because of
the recent article in Smithsonian magazine (Aug. 94) about this very book.  It
includes artwork done by students at the Harlem School of the Arts.  This would
be a good addition to all poetry collections.
Ron Hornbeck, Librarian             E-mail:  HORNBECKR@Citadel.edu
Lincoln High School                 Phone:   (803) 577-0970 ext. 19
714 Lincoln Road, P.O. Box 729      Fax:     (803) 887-3116
McClellanville, SC 29458            Home:    (803) 723-5991