Betty:

I heard Will Hobbs at CMLEA a year or two ago.  He showed slides of the
entire length of the rapids that comprises the major plot of DOWNRIVER
and explained exactly how he plotted the novel.  He also showed slides of
the setting of BEARSTONE.  He's genuine, unaffected and his enthusiasm is
contagious.  Don't pass up the chance!

Debbie Abilock              "It is important that students bring a certain
The Nueva School            ragamuffin barefoot irreverence to their studies;
Hillsborough, CA            they are not here to worship what is known, but
debbie@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us         to question it."  (Jacob Bronowski)

On Tue, 9 Aug 1994, Betty A. Hutsler wrote:

> We have been asked to so-sponsor an author visit with a
> neighboring district. The author is Will Hobbs. I have the list
> of titles he has published and reviews. Has anyone heard him
> speak? What are his presentations like? Any help from
> lm_netters in the west would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Bah
> --
> Betty A. Hutsler
> Library Media Coordinator
> Frederick County Public Schools