Hi, Everyone.

ITam a teacher librarian at a Melbourne high school.  Our library is
considering purchasing a modem  in the very near future.  I have had my own
modem at home for three weeks and have found  it to be fascinating as a means
of communication with great potential for resourcing information.
However, I have been disturbed by the language and obscenities, especially in
the message and penpals areas, as well as the ease with which people can access
pornography.
I would like to find out how other libraries with modems handle and supervise
student use of the modem.

Celia Jones    celiaj@melbourne.dialix.oz.au

LM_NET Archive Home