> I have an ibm xt and ps2-model 25.  Las year I asked how people are using
> them and got a couple of responses- so I am re-asking you: what  CAN I
> use them for?  All help is appreciated!!  Thanks.  Connie Williams   You

     Connie: I'm sure you've heard all the negative comments ("They make
great doorstops!" or "My cousin could use another boat anchor!"), but I'm not
going to fall into that mindset. Here's something constructive to do
with them:
            1. Donate them to a preschool (small kids don't care about
speed...put a few shareware programs on and they'll love it)

            2. Donate them to an old folks home (they also don't care about
speed, and someone could help them type a letter to relatives or play some
games);
            3. Donate them to a technology college (they can have some fun
working them over... upgrading... etc..)

            4. Give them to a favorite charity or church (word processors
come in handy for their needs).

            5. Or last... box'em up and save them for future generations...
(my brother has an old Osborne that he's saving and it will be a part of our
technological history).

Good Luck!

Russell Smith
rssmith@tenet.edu