Welcome Back California!

  Many of our LM_NET colleagues may be unaware that earlier this year
over 110 California members were dropped from LM_NET, due to the new
guidelines of their statewide K-12 network, CORE.

  This was a sad loss, due to the fact that a number of them were among
our most active and valuable contributors.  And as most of you know, the
situation here in California is pretty bad for school libraries. We need
all the help we can get from our colleagues across the nation, and the
world, and LM_NET has been an excellent resource for us.

  Recently I have noticed that a number of them have re-subscribed from
new host accounts, and that they are making themselves and their
expertise known on LM_NET again.  I would like to give our former LM_NET
members from California (and come to think of it, others who have
returned as well!) a big "WELCOME BACK!"

  Please encourage your colleagues to follow your excellent examples, and
"Come Again Home to LM_NET!"  Let's continue to share our ideas,
observations and expertise to make this the very best Internet school
year, wherever we are!

  BTW, Mel Roseman has noted that CORE members are able to join Los
Angeles Freenet, and subscribe to LM_NET from there.  LAFN is accessible
via CORE's telnet prompt.  (telnet> open lafn.org)

  Check with Mel <aa104@LAFN.ORG> for details. It only costs $10.00 per
year to join LAFN!

  To subscribe to LM_NET, just do this:

1.  Send an e-mail message to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu
     (If Bitnet user, send to:  listserv@suvm )

2.  In the first line of the message, type:

    SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Firstname Lastname

    (Of course, you would substitute your actual name in the line, such as
     "SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Joan Doe"    (No quotes necessary.)

   The way LM_NET is handling requests for membership is now being handled
   automatically by the Syracuse University listserv computer and software.
   The LM_NET listserv computer will respond with an informative message,
   which will ask you for a confirmation.  You will then be added if you
   properly follow the directions.

Best wishes,

Peter
Peter Milbury, Library Media Teacher/Mentor Teacher  PMILBURY@ERICIR.SYR.EDU
Pleasant Valley High School, Chico, California 95926     Voice: 916-891-3060
Co-owner of LM_NET:  Discussion Group for School Library Media Professionals

LM_NET Archive Home